Thursday, January 21, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Eileen young and older

This first photo is the focus of our attention today. Eileen is about 12 years old, in sixth grade most likely, about 1930. The physical photo I scanned is less than an inch square. Perhaps it was a school photo, but more likely, I think it was taken at a booth at a fair. They were popular in the 1930s... I have one of her and Dad later... This is my Mom, Eileen KINNICK, of course.

Media buffer

Just a couple of years after this, she started her daily diaries that she continued until cancer took her in 1999. For a link to a year of her diaries, see my post on her 91st Birthday Anniversary. 

Just for the comparison, here she is, near her 80th birthday, in her last year or so. 


Media buffer

Hi Mom!

Families are Forever!  ;-)


6 comments:

  1. My dad was, among other things, a professional photographer. Naturally, that means there are only two pictures of me in existence, before I turned twenty. I don't own nor have access to either of them. I'm so glad your mama had pictures and a diary. And I'm even more glad that you treasure them.

    ~ Just Joany
    Red Wagon Flights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visited your Mom's diary that you transcribed. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both pictures. I agree that the first photo looks like one of the photo booth pictures. Think we should do one day of just posting photo booth pictures. Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo booth picture. She reminds me of me... I wonder why? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps she is your grandmother, Annette. Suppose that would do it! Thanks for stopping by! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill, loved both pictures. Your mom had the good genes to age well --- she was lovely in both pictures.

    ReplyDelete