Wednesday, March 9, 2016

From Mom’s Diary… 1944 - January 22 - Bomber over house 3 times


From Mom’s Diary… 1944
January 22 - Bomber over house 3 times

A World War II B-25 Mitchell bomber


This phrase caught my attention… to say the least (This is west central Iowa, after all). Here it is:

Saturday, January 22:

Nice day but windy. Mom & Buss caught us in bed. Did dishes, sep,, both of us got our hair washed & set. Had steak for dinner. Did dishes. Bomber over house 3 times. Finished ironing. Finished Rebecca’s dress. Cleaned the house. Folks left at 8:30 so Dad could load. Played rummy. Gave Billy bath. Went to bed.


My comments:

Entries have been pretty much the same, day after day, month after month. This one caught my attention, as I said.

Note: Knowing that brother Jim is born in April of 1944, I have noticed two or three Dr. visits to Carroll, in recent month. No comment even hinted as to why. She knew, I know, no need to write it down, I assume…  ;-)

P.S. Late addition - photo from Aprill 1943, just came across this...



Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment