Thursday, December 15, 2011

Those Places Thursday - First Married Home


Those Places Thursday
First Married Home



When we first got married, in August 1959, Nancy and I lived in the upstairs apartment, with outdoor stairs, of the house, above, in State Center, Iowa, where Nancy had a school teaching contract for the 1959-1960 school year, third grade. I was a junior at Iowa State University that year, a few miles to the west. We were able to buy a simple new bedroom set, but the rest of our furniture was all left over from our parents farm homes. But, it was our place, and we were working hard to make it a home.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That is how I furnished my first homes, starting 9 years before you and Nancy did. I call that style "Great American Hand-Me-Down." Much of that early furniture is still in my house today.
    On the other hand, my first home (in Belleville, Illinois) is now a Lowe's hardware store).

    ReplyDelete