Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - Sydney, Nebraska, motel - 1950ish



Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - Sydney, Nebraska, motel - 1950ish






Is Jimmie about 6? That would be 1950. Pete and Eileen would have been married about 13 years. I'd have been eleven, taking the photo on Mom's old camera. It might even be 1949. Love the white hard-shell Samsonite luggage (far right, on the bed!). They sure are young! My Mom and Dad. He has the farmer tan, of course; being a very active farmer then. She still looked like the Coon Rapids girl, she always was! Fun...  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm assuming this is a vacation photo. I'm amazed your mother was able to get the farmer away from the farm long enough for a vacation. My father never took vacations because he needed to milk the cows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much true here as well. I was too you to worry about such things, of course. I think Mom's brother was available to do "the chores" for the several days we were gone. Great comment! THANKS! ;-)

    ReplyDelete