Thursday, March 15, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - Alex and the Train


Treasure Chest Thursday - Alex and the Train


Treasure chests take many forms. Today, I will celebrate one of my "antiques" and my grandson who will inherit it (them). At Christmas after my tenth birthday, I got the first pieces of my electric train - a SuperChief Santa Fe duo-engine Lionel O gauge set. That was Dec 1949 - over 60 years ago. It still runs. Here I am with my Grandson, Alex Rathsack, who will be eight next month. He last saw the train run in Dallas, when he was about 2. Here I'm explaining how one of the cars works.


This was Spring Break in Austin, where Alex lives. We were happy to have them visiting this week at the cabin, in Branson. I encouraged him to share the train with his grandson, or great-grandson (or daughter), when he is 72 years old. Hopefully, with the Made in the USA stamp on the bottom, it will still be running!  ;-)


Families are Forever! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Guess I missed the train!!! but glad it was still running!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful photo to highlight the love of your priceless antique train! I, too, have a number of meaningful antiques. Perhaps that nostalgic tendency is one of the reasons we love family history research, and why we want to pass both of those on to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment, Carla. I do believe you are correct. ;-)

    ReplyDelete