Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Eileen KINNICK - 75 yrs ago - Week 12 - March 20-26, 1937


Eileen KINNICK
75 yrs ago
Week 12 - March 20-26, 1937


My mother, Eileen KINNICK (maiden name), kept a diary from 1932 until her death in 1999. In Feb 2005, I created a website of her 1936 diary, the year she graduated from high school. During the latter half of 2011, commented weekly on these entries.
For 1937, I am transcribing the daily entries, currently, at The KINNICK Project surname blog.

In this weekly blog post, I will make summary comments and observations, and perhaps add a photo, from time to time. Starting here with Week 10, I am switching to the week ending on Friday.
Setting: The family lived in a farmhouse a couple of miles out of town (Coon Rapids, Iowa). Older brother, Leo, lived at home; his girl friend, later wife, Ida, visited regularly. Younger brother, Buzzy (she often wrote Bussy) was 9 years old. Pete Smith is her 'boy friend' - fourth month starting Jan 1 (they do marry, in Mar 1938).

Week 12 (Mar 20-26):


On March 20, I expressed my frustration that I now longer seemed to have the more detailed diary entries, just the short transcriptions in the Multi-Year Diary. Well, as you read yesterday on March 26, I have found out I DO HAVE THE LONGER ENTRIES! Shame on me. Now, I must go back and catch up from Mar 9 to 25… It will fill in some gaps, where I was frustrated. Sorry to lay this on you, my dear readers… but, I guess it is good to share the frustrations as well as the joys of doing this particular task!  ;-) I've already done March 9 and 10and 11, and 12, need to get on to the rest!  ;-)

Comments welcomed! 

Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment