Thursday, March 8, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - The 1929 Calendar



Treasure Chest Thursday - The 1929 calendar







I'm not sure why this scan is in black and white, when I know the Photo is in color - of Mozart Playing for Royalty (has been written in). This was a 1929 Calendar given as a 1928 Christmas gift to my Mom, Eileen KINNICK. At Christmas 1928, she would have just turned 10 years old a few days before. The 'gift' is from Frances Williams Piano Studio - Frances was her older First Cousin, Once Removed (Frances was 23 in late 1928). Actually, this was probably given to each of her all of piano students, but Eileen kept hers her entire life, I now I am the proud holder of the Treasure Chest item.

Comments on Eileen's diary entries have mentioned her playing the piano; recently she bought some sheet music. We know she played piano in high school for several music groups. I don't think the Kinnick farm had a piano in the home, however, we we don't hear as much about it, right now (75 Years Ago).


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment