Friday, March 30, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 13


52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 13

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy 2012 prompts suggested by Amy Coffin; thanks, Amy!

Week 13. Local Societies: Local genealogical and historical societies are the lifeblood of genealogy. Members and volunteers give their time and money to preserve local history and promote family history. Tell us about a local society for which you are thankful.

This challenge runs from Sunday, March 25, 2012 through Saturday, March 31, 2012.

I am thankful for the Bureau County Genealogical Society, Bureau County, Illinois. In 1995, 96, as I was pursuing very serious genealogy study for the first time, focusing on my mother's paternal line, KINNICK, I received outstanding support from a volunteer and their research program there. They asked that I make contributions to their book fund at a rate proportional to her time spent researching in their extensive library. I had visited the library on one day, early on. Their followup work filled a couple of 3-ring notebooks, which I have used as a reference regularly since. I posted one reference here, last year.

Again, thank you very much. Also, I appreciate this opportunity to recall their good work.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment