Friday, April 30, 2010

Follow Friday - 30 Apr 2010

 
Follow Friday - 30 Apr 2010

My recommendations this week. As usual, these are not in any particular order, I normally pick a good post from my week's readings, or left from the prior week! Hope they are useful or at least interesting to you, as well! If it is your first visit, even better!  ;-)

POST:

This post has a very long title: Go Green, Write About Your Farmer Ancestors with the Blogger's Almanac at the Family Curator: Preserving and Sharing our Family Treasures. I like the title, I love the farmer/rancher reading Progressive Farmer on/near his porch... and the post is interesting as well!


BLOG:


As you know, I really like to promote collecting, sharing and telling ancestor stories. Today's example, One Pilot's War, is an excellent example. Thanks, Brian!

More of us could do this, if we just would. This came to my attention through the New GeneaBloggers - Thanks again, Thomas!


INTERNET RESOURCE:

This week I am reminding myself to feature excellent specialty blogs that are excellent resources for those of us doing that particular type of research. There is usually something for everyone, as well, if we but check regularly.

To day we feature: Steve's Genealogy Blog, named one of the 40 Best Genealogy Blogs by Family Tree Magazine. Steve's recent series on: "A Beginner's Guide to Eastern Europe Genealogy..." in three parts, so far, was especially of interest.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment