Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sentimental Sunday - Nielsen home in Denmark


Sentimental Sunday
Nielsen home in Denmark


From our cousins, Orla and Bente Poulsen, in Denmark, we have now received this photo of home of my great-grandmother, Jensine (Nielsen) Sorensen (b. 1852). She, and each of her siblings, were born in this home. This photo from about 1950, I am told. The original photo from Anders Nielsen, son of Jensine's brother, Morten (b. 1848). Anders is grandfather of Orla Pousen.


The area of the farm in Hvorup parish was known as Hvorup Mill. The Mill itself was on the other side of the street on a hill top. Morten Nielsen (d. there 1931) needed the wind to power the mill. Later came electricity. The mill is no longer there. Today, the Mill area and the fields as well are a part of a big military area, per their note.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. It would be nice to see what it looks like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    This is very funny for me to find on the internet.
    This farm is the farm of my old great grand father Morten Nielsen, and later my grandfather took over, and worked the mill, my grandfather was Peder Nielsen.
    My father was Christian Nielsen. I have some old picture of this farm, older than this, so if you want a copy, you are welcome to contack me at Loggidut@gmail.com.
    My name is Trine Jensen, and i live in Nørresundby in Denmark. I live in the same house that my grandfather Peder Bought back in 1940. My father was borne in this house, so it´s still in the family. I have some old picture that my father found in this house, som is of my fathers uncle Christian Nielsen, also called Christian Nilson, he moved to USA back in time at started his one family there (wonder if one of them could be you?)
    best regards from a danish member of the family Nielsen, Trine Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to hear from you!

    Yes, I would very much appreciate copies of the additional photos. Current photos would also be great, as Yvette mentioned, as well. ;-)

    Contacting families and related family members is one of the reasons for posting to ancestor/genalogy blogs... you help make it worthwhile by commenting!

    Thank you, so much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete