Wednesday, February 24, 2016

From Mom’s Diary… 1943 - January 14 at Brannan’s


From Mom’s Diary… 1943 - January 14 at Brannan’s
From left: Bob Bolger, Bill Smith, Roger Brannan, Barbara Brannan, Carolyn Bolger, Nancy Bolger (in front)

On July 1, 1942, I celebrated my 3rd birthday. This is just past six months later. This is the first photo that I am aware of with Nancy and I in the same photo.

Photo taken at club, at Margaret Brannan’s.

Thursday, January 14:

Thawing went we got up. Did up work. Gave Billy a bath before dinner. Ate, I took a bath & we went to club at Margaret Brannan’s. Had a nice time. Stopped at LVene’s on way home. Home at 6:15. Ate, Cleaned up the house. Read and went to bed.

Bonus Photo: Dated January 1943:

 Billy and Karen Kinnick, on trikes, in Lohrville

My comments:

A few days after this, the temperature is 15 below zero for a few days. This was Iowa, after all…

Additional late January notes:

Jack Bowman was preparing to join the Navy.
Mom notes getting 'new ration books' on a shopping trip in town.


Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment