Thursday, December 24, 2009

Treasure Chest Thursday - Grandma's Violin

Grandma Dorothy (Sorensen) Kinnick always played the violin in my early years. My mother, her daughter, often played the piano and sometimes sang, as well. This is a photo of her violin I recently came across. Although old, likely brought from Denmark, I don't know that it has particular financial value, but it has great family value.


Here is a photo from the 1960s with Grandma playing the violin, Mom and my younger brother at the piano:


Families are Forever! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how nice to have not only the violin but a picture of your grandmother playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you each!

    By the way, T.K., my brother in the photo, has gone by "T.K." his entire adult life! Small world!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! It makes no difference the value the world would put on the violin. For your family, it is priceless!

    ReplyDelete