Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sentimental Sunday - 65th Reunion of Class of 1946


Sentimental Sunday
65th Reunion of Class of 1946
Coon Rapids, Iowa, High School


This photo culminates a series of posts featuring Basketball, my uncle and aunt, Buzz and Colleen and the Class of 1946. This is the official photo in The Coon Rapids Enterprise (6 Oct 2011, p.2) of the Class Reunion.





[Click on photo to see enlarged version]

Buzz is on the right, in the back row. Coleen is second from right, in the front row. Neat group of people that I grew up with!  ;-) P.S. Duane Baker, standing next to Buzz is a cousin of my wife, Nancy.

Families are Forever!  ;-)


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be connected to people you grew up with. They are indeed like family when you share so many memories and commonalities. My attention particularly zoomed in on the Girls Basketball State Champs of 1946. My Mom was a State Basketball Player in 1943 in Iowa, and the tradition of Basketball carried on into my own high school days. Although not a on a state champion basketball team, I loved the game enough to become a high school girls basketball and volleyball coach.

    I'm visiting your blog via GeneaBloggers Sentimental Sunday. Hope you'll have a chance to stop by and see my Sentimental Sunday Post listed just above yours for today.

    I've enjoyed browsing your blog and look forward to more of your stories and posts. I'm a new follower.
    Sue
    CollectInTexas Gal/Tracks of My Texas Ancestors
    http://collectintexasgal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I forgot to tell you where in Iowa my Mom was a Basketball Champ. It was in Exira, Iowa. Her scrapbook from Exira High School has been the source for many of my ancestor stories and photos. I was born in Iowa and raised in Texas! That's one of my posted stories, too! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world. Exira just down the road in the next county for Coon Rapids. Always in our conference when I was growing up. Still drive thru Exira regularly, when in Iowa. Love your web sites... keep up the good work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete