Saturday, October 29, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week 44-Elementary School



52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History
Week 44 - Elementary School



Thanks to GeneaBloggers and Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog for these prompts.

Week 44. Elementary School
. Describe your grammar/elementary school (or schools). Were they big or small? Are any of these schools still in existence today? If so, how have they changed since you went there?

A while back I posted a Those Places Thursday about my primary elementary school, Willow #3, the
one-room country school I attended, a mile from my farm home, through 7th grade. There were two others in my class there. [It is no longer there, of course] I have the suspenders, on the right; my classmate, Charlotte, is holding a baby, in the center - it was a family picnic day. My younger brother, Jim, is sitting on the ground by me.

When that rural school closed, I went to the neighboring town, Coon Rapids, Iowa, for eighth grade and also high school. Here is my eighth grade class. [That building is no longer a school, either.]


 I am on the right end of the back row, just behind the teacher, Miss Kennedy. My (future) wife, Nancy, is fourth from the right in the front row. {Charlotte, to the right of Nancy (third from the right, front row), was my classmate at Willow #3. The third member of that class went to a different neighboring town for eighth grade and high school.} Interesting note: the girls were mostly much more 'mature' at this stage than the boys, I note!!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment