As a retired 71+ year old person (professor), making "New Years Resolutions" is really not especially useful.
First, I am retired; I can do pretty much as I wish (if my wife doesn't object) most any time I wish.
Second, family comes first - grandpa, husband, father, brother, uncle, etc.
Third, I have a contract to teach an/my on-line university course in the Spring.
FInally, with the time left, I write.
1. I expect to complete and publish my second novel in the Spring of 2011. I will continue to promote both novels through appropriate activities throughout the year.
2. I will continue to write weekly articles for Examiner.com on both my topic areas: Springfield Genealogy Examiner and Ozark Cultural Heritage Examiner.
3. I will continue to research and begin to write the non-fiction Revolutionary War family history book on Sergeant Major William Kinnick.
4. I will continue to research and write the non-fiction family history book on my great-grandfather Michael Smith.
5. I will continue my primary blogs, with most entries related to the research, writing and promoting I am doing at the time.
Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories
Dr. Bill on Retirement
Dr. Bill's Book Bazaar
The Homeplace Series Blog
The KINNICK Project
Families are Forever! ;-)