Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday at My Hometown - Nielsen Holiday Gatherings

Monday at My Hometown - Nielsen Holiday Gatherings


My Hometown is Coon Rapids, in West Central Iowa, in Carroll County but near the corner with Audubon, Guthrie and Greene Counties.

I still get the Coon Rapids Enterprise each week. Here is a useful story that lists many of my relatives and where they are now. This family is my maternal grandmother's sister's family - her children, and their children and grandchildren. We shared holiday gatherings with them often in my youth!


HELEN NIELSEN ENTERTAINS DURING HOLIDAYS
Early Christmas dinner guests on December 12 at Helen Nielsen’s
home were Junior and Winona Huffman and Marie Nielsen of Audubon;
Darrell and Marjorie Nielsen of Glidden; and Jerry and Annie
Vincent of Jefferson. Holiday guests on December 26 at Helen’s
home included her son, Maurice Nielsen of Hartland, WI; also Maurice’s
three daughters and families: Jenni Maskel and children Mike
and Mia of Cottage Grove, WI; Erin and Ben Kossow and their children
Tyler and Grant, all of Mukwonago, WI; Paul and Laura Tesch
of Hartland, WI. Other guests were Helen’s son and daughter-in-law,
Bob and Ann Nielsen of Lenexa, KS. Everyone left for home on December
29. During the holiday time, Helen received a telephone call
from her third son, Keith and his wife, Karen, of Fort Walton Beach,
FL.

From: Coon Rapids Enterprise - Thursday, January 6, 2011/page 4 - online

Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post Dr Bill! It reminds me of the old newspaper articles about local people and their everyday lives.
    Thanks for finding my blog, the kind words of welcome to Geneabloggers, and becoming my friend.

    XoXoXo
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joy, for stopping by as well. Yes, as I thought about this after I published it, this kind of article is really useful for family history research. As more and more small town papers come online, especially, these "social notes" that were regularly published can provide remarkable insight into the lives of our families! ;-)

    ReplyDelete