Thursday, September 2, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Bill, Pete, Tom making concrete

Treasure Chest Thursday
Bill, Pete, Tom making concrete on farm


Old black and white photo from, I believe, 1951 - same place and work as photo last week here.

I am in the black and white coat - My Dad in the center, younger brother on gravel pile - I think Mom is in the pickup, on far right. Next younger brother must have been taking the photo. Old corn crib in the background. The south side of the barn is to the left. We were making concrete, manually - I'm dumping water from bucket in cement mixer, it appears. I think we put the dry cement in the box; shoveled dry cement and gravel, in correct proportions (I'm sure Dad did that!) along with water to make wet cement.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments: