Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - 22 June 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - 22 June 2010

This is my second report of entering Tombstone Tuesday entries into Find A Grave, per my Challenge #22 and #23 resolution. Again, today I am focused on my family, at the Coon Rapids, Iowa, Cemetery, my hometown; this week is Smith (2-9-16 Feb 2010).

I started with my Dad's older sister, Irene Smith (1909-1997).

Find A Grave Memorial# 53816710
She has a simple tombstone in the Coon Rapids, Iowa, Cemetery plot of her parents and several siblings.

The other two I did this week are my paternal grandparents, Dad and Irene's parents, William Emanuel Smith (1869-1939) first.

Find A Grave Memorial# 53816786
He died four months after I was born.

His wife, of course, my grandmother, was Ellen Rebecca PRESTON BALLARD SMITH (1880-1923).

Find A Grave Memorial# 53816956
She died very young, of course, and left several young children to be looked after by her husband and the older sisters.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bill, I think you'll soon find that FindAGrave becomes quite addictive. In addition to entering my own family and allied families, I'm also starting to do some volunteer photos. People have been so kind to take photos for my memorials; it's time to give something back. I've added you as a FindAGrave friend on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, very much. Yes, I must agree. My wife has also become very active. Neat! ;-)

    ReplyDelete