Friday, November 20, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods...

How many of you are getting to gather with grandparents, and other family members, sometime in the next week for Thanksgiving? I'd like to hear some of your stories. Do you do the same thing every year, or do you do something different each year, on purpose? Do you alternate places to gather? Do you get together on a different day than Thursday? Turkey, Ham, Other?

How many are flying, rather than taking a horses and sleigh through the woods, for example?!?! ;-)


How many of you will hear stories of the "olden days" - ancestor stories? Do think about listening to them, this year. They can tell you something about yourself, who you are, and why you do the things you do. Your ancestors are a part of you. Some of what they did, you are likely doing, or will do... Give it some thought. Write down some of the stories you hear? Do they ring true? Drop me a note, a comment here, on what you hear? OK? THANKS!

Families are Forever! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts. I posted my remembrances on my family blog for my grandchildren that will not be home this year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete