Friday, November 13, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award; Thanks, Frances


Thank you to Frances at Branching Out Through the Years for giving me this honor. Frances and Linda and Lori are the chain through which it got to me. It is great to be part a group of people who are so dedicated to setting wonderful examples and encouraging the rest of us to continue to blog about our genealogy.
The winner of this award is supposed to list seven things about themselves and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers.
Here I go:
1. I love genealogy, family history and social history with a passion I cannot control.
2. I am thankful for a supportive wife (even better genealogy researcher than I), three wonderful daughters, two living sons-in-law, two super grandchildren.
3. I keep a blog on the family and my retirement, where the family appears regularly, along with a list of my other blogs, at:
http://drbillonretirement.blogspot.com/
4. I have recently published three family history books. See at:
http://drbillsbookbazaar.blogspot.com/
5. I am about to publish a book on "How to Tell Ancestor Stories" - my blog is a companion - see bazaar blog, above, for when it is available.
6. When I lived in the Kansas Flint Hills I was a big booster of that area; now that I am retired in the Ozarks, I am a promoter of the OZARKS. Come visit!
7. I have many ancestor stories to tell and share. Some are even famous. Visit regulary; become a follower; sign up for the RSS feed at:
http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/

Like the others, finding just seven to send the award along to is very tough. Here are some recent ones where I have been able to make comments:

1. Lisa at Small-Leaved Shamrock
2. Heather at Nutfield Genealogy
3. Sheri at Twig Talk
4. Felicia at Our Family as a Whole
5. Carly at Not Another Family History Blog
6. Russ at My Tombstone Collection
7. Deborah at Country at Heart

Families are Forever! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much, Dr. Bill, for your kind mention of Small-leaved Shamrock and for the "Kreativ Blogger" award.

    Welcome to the world of genealogy blogging. You are off to a wonderful start. I look forward to reading more from you!

    Lisa
    100 Years in America
    Small-leaved Shamrock
    A light that shines again
    Carnival of Irish Heritage & Culture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much to nominating my Blog for the kreativ Blogger award. I am so appreciative of this recognizition. It lets me know that my work is being read and someone is enjoying it other than me(lol).
    Thanks Again
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete