Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Eileen KINNICK - 75 yrs ago - Week 8 - Feb 22-28, 1937


Eileen KINNICK
75 yrs ago
Week 8 - Feb 22-28, 1937


My mother, Eileen KINNICK (maiden name), kept a diary from 1932 until her death in 1999. In Feb 2005, I created a website of her 1936 diary, the year she graduated from high school. During the latter half of 2011, commented weekly on these entries.
For 1937, I am transcribing the daily entries, currently, at The KINNICK Project surname blog.

In this weekly blog post, I will make summary comments and observations, and perhaps add a photo, from time to time.
Setting: The family lived in a farmhouse a couple of miles out of town (Coon Rapids, Iowa). Older brother, Leo, lived at home; his girl friend, later wife, Ida, visited regularly. Younger brother, Buzzy (she often wrote Bussy) was 9 years old. Pete Smith is her 'boy friend' - fourth month starting Jan 1 (they do marry, in Mar 1938).


Week 8 (Feb 22-28): Before I forget, I want to send out a Thank You to reader, Celia, for answering the "Chivaree" question with the wikipedia definition I was looking for, at the link.

Eileen got a new job, quickly this week, with lawyer Charles Browning.

And more snow and more snow

Sunday, February 28 was a most interesting day… check it out.

Have you washed a separator?? I have - it is tough to get it cleaned.
Comments welcomed! 



Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment