Saturday, January 21, 2012

Surname Saturday - King Hiram C. Preston


Surname Saturday - King Hiram C. Preston


I was pleased this week to have received a note from my Preston researching cousin/partner about the latest on this gentleman with the interesting name. For many years, he was an enigma to me. Not a close relative, but one who kept showing up in the research I was doing, many years ago. Over the years, my cousin/partner did more research on that family line than I did, but we kept in touch. She identified most of his family, but had left a note on an ancestry board to contact her, if anyone had more information.

Well, this week, she got a note back. A non-related researchers was 'loading' information from the Oakwood cemetery in Syracuse, New York, and much of it was for this family! Not only are there now about four generations of the family on Find-A-Grave, but most entries have at least one obituary, each full of family information. How neat, for a volunteer to do all that. Very nice.

So, this is just a note of thanks and recognition to all those folks out there doing useful genealogical Acts of Kindness for the general good. It is a big reason I am so pleased to be a part of this community!


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment