Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wordless (Nearly) Wednesday - Bill and Whitey


Wordless (Nearly) Wednesday
Bill and Whitey

Serendipity - the other day my 7 year old grandson, Alex, did a 28 minute digital audio interview with me, his 72 year old grandfather, for a cub scout loop (merit badge type thing) family heritage project. One of the questions, of course, was 'Did you have a pet?' The answer, of course, was yes - Whitey, a dog. But I didn't have a photo to go along with it.

Today, I open a box I thought was something else, and here are a bunch of 'things' I hadn't seen in years, including this wonderful photo of Whitey and I. I am probably about 7 years old, may be 8. This would be 1946-7, most likely. My Mom was a saver, I'm a saver... thank goodness!  ;-)

See another little 'gem' from the box on Thursday (Treasure Chest) and in coming days.

Families are Forever!  ;-)


4 comments:

  1. Now, you know, I love this picture!! I absolutely love this picture!!! Whitey is cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think you meant 1946-1947..not 57 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures are such great memory reminders and makers.
    Thanks Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure, Susi. Thanks!
    Yes, on date, Allison. I fixed it.
    I was still really cute, here, too... so so much, in a lot of later photos... ;-)

    ReplyDelete