Friday, October 30, 2020

Ancestor Artifacts - Your Local Newspaper Archives - Part 3 of 3

 

Ancestor Artifacts

Your Local Newspaper Archives

Part 3 of 3

This is the story I was working on... the early story of Star Church and Star School. This has a little more detail than earlier sources I have worked with, so I'm anxious to capture it here. 






I hope this is readable with the little chunks at a time. It works for me. 

The church located where it did because the Star School was available when it was. This sort of completes one missing link in the story for me. Much more on the Star School to come, in a bit.

Comments? I love to see all the names mentioned. 

Also on Page 3, I noticed this Hall Reunion notice:


 

I want to check the Thomas Hall family in the census... see what descendants I can identify... I expect to be surprised. Will I find these folks in my search? Would love to hear from anybody mentioned here!!

P.S. Yes, they are there... there were about 13 Hall children who survived to adulthood. They intermarried with the Tuels and Bowmans, among others. I've just gotten started, but one Great-Granddaughter, is Ida Marie Bell Kinnick, my aunt...wife of my mother's brother, Leo Kinnick. Small world. I'm especially anxious to trace Carrie Thomas. I'm sure she is a Bowman line. Will be fun to find her. Yes, she was daughter of George Bowman and Hattie Hall... granddaughter of Thomas Hall.

More to come, for sure! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I'm working my way through the original town plot for Milford CT. It contains about 100 names and we're related to about a third of them. It's fun to see the interrelationships in a small community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intriguing. I have family lines going back to Milford. I'm trying to remember which line...

      Delete
    2. I am very anxious to see what Annette finds, but certainly don't want to rush her. There well be answers to some of the questions my wife could never find solid answers to... ;-)

      Delete
    3. Virginia, be sure to let us know when you come across them again... ;-)

      Delete
  2. Our never-ending search for family tidbits to fill in the gaps. Good work, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Virginia. Always nice to see your words and face appear on my writings. Much appreciated!! ;-)

      Delete