52 Ancestors - #36 William and Hannah (Healey) Preston
This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:
on her No Story Too Small blog.
The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.
My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.
#36 William and Hannah (Healey) Preston
These are a set of my 4th great-grandparents, #80 and #81 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.
Their second child, first son, was my 3rd great-grandfather, William Preston, see #29, in this series.
William Preston (b. 5 Aug 1728, Beverly, MA; d. 9 Jan 1804, Strafford, Orange Co, VT)
married on 12 Jun 1752 in Chester, Rockingham Co, NH
Hannah Healey (b. 3 May 1734, Chester, NH; d. 5 Aug 1812, Strafford, Orange Co, VT)
They were believed to have had eleven children (Thanks to a Preston cousin for all the details on this family. Any errors, are mine!) (I've used Preston here; some records are under Presson):
1. Molly Preston (b. 14 Nov 1752)
2. William Preston (b. 6 Jul 1755) - my 3rd great-grandfather
3. Hannah Preston (b. 25 Mar 1756)
4. Mary Preston (b. 2 Feb 1758)
5. Benjamin Preston (b. 2 Jan 1761; married Elizabeth Kimball)
6. Alexander Preston (b. 11 Jun 1764; d. 8 Mar 1813; married Mary Durkee)
7. Sarah Augusta Preston (b. 3 Jul 1766; married Elijah Blake)
8. Hitty Preston (b. 18 Jul 1768; d. 1799)
9. Joseph Preston (b. 15 Jun 1771; married Lydia Dow)
10. Asuhel Preston (b. 1 Nov 1772)
11. John Preston (b. 8 Jul 1774; d. 12 Jun 1859)
Very thankful for the fine local records in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont! ;-)
What fun! ;-)
Families are Forever! ;-)