Tuesday, September 9, 2014

52 Ancestors - #37 John and Mary (Isaac) Kinnick


52 Ancestors
#37 John and Mary (Isaac) Kinnick

This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
 
on her No Story Too Small blog.


The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach:
I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.
 

Mary Kinnick, circa 1844


#37 John and Mary (Isaac) Kinnick


These are a set of my 4th great-grandparents, #96 and #97 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their seventh child, third and last son, was my 3rd great-grandfather, Walter W. Kinnick, see #32, in this series.

John Kinnick (b. abt. 1769, Charles Co, MD; d. abt. 1818, Charles, Co, MD)
married, perhaps 12 Juan 1790, Trinity Parish, Charles Co, MD,
Mary Isaac (b. abe 1772, MD; d. aft 1840, Beaver Twp., Noble Co, OH)

They are believed to have had nine children, all born in Maryland, possibly others:

1. William Kinnick (b. abt 1795)
2. John Kinnick (b. 1797)
3. Percilla Kinnick (b. 1 Feb 1800)
4. Dorcas Kinnick (b. Dec 1800)
5. Sarah A. Kinnick (b. Feb 1801; d. 1 Jan 1872, Kirkwood Twp, Belmont Co, OH)
6. Mary Kinnick (b. 13 Aug 1804; d. 10 May 1882, Ellison Twp, Warren Co, IL)
7. Walter W. Kinnick (b. 11 Feb 1810; d. 28 Feb 1853, Bureau Co, IL) - my 2rd great-grandfather
8. Ann Kinnick (b. 23 May 1812; d. 29 Sep 1872, IN)
9. Catherine Kinnick (b. 31 Aug 1814; d. 17 Oct 1894, Ripley Twp, Rush Co, IN)

I have a lot of information on the latter six, who moved out of Maryland, much less on the first three who did not. Still seeking more information, of course. A fun family to research, and have traveled far and wide, in Maryland, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois doing so. ;-)



What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment