Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wordless (nearly) Wednesday - Smith boys with Dad near Farm Shop


Wordless (nearly) Wednesday
Smith boys with Dad near Farm Shop



This is scan of another color slide from late summer 1954, with my Dad, Pete Smith, and my younger brothers, from left, Tom, 6+, Jim, 10+, and Barry, 2 1/2, or so. Behind them is the "Farm Shop" with the welder and other tools. You can see that Dad is 'encouraging' them to stay away from the shop itself, while trying be be kind. I was taking the photo, so I'm sure that after taking it, I was expected to 'guide' Barry and boys on Bike and Trike to a safer location and activity!

I would have been between my Freshman and Sophomore year in High School. Ah, the memories!  ;-)

The Smith farm, of course, was in west-central Iowa (corn and hog country), on the west edge of Greene County, nearest town, Coon Rapids.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! I love the "every day" pics. So often people only take photos on special occassions. I think the every day images give a better look into who people were/are! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. I love occupational photos. This is kind of a 'in-between.' Thank you for your comments! ;-)

    ReplyDelete