Friday, August 3, 2012

Follow Friday - 1940 US Census Indexing Project


Follow Friday - 1940 US Census Indexing Project






I assume this will be my last post on this blog with respect to the 1940 U.S. Census Community Project - indexing the 1940 census. In recent days, both this project and the commercial indexing project at Ancestry.com have noted that the 'indexing is complete' in one form or another. I'll make reference to the post of Judy G. Russell, my favorite Legal Genealogist: Indexing: don't stop now as my recommended reading for the day. Read the entire post. She has expressed my sentiments better than I usually do.


Thanks to all who participated in the 1940 U.S. Census project at FamilySearch. I am amazed at how well it went. You can read Randy Seaver's analysis of the indexing projects from a link in Judy's post, above. She also encourages, as I do, each of us to keep doing some indexing regularly, to keep getting more records available, for each of us, online. Thank you for doing that.


Families are Forever!  ;-)


4 comments:

  1. I will be very busy now that New Jersey is available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your search. Thanks for your comment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since the indexing has been completed I've been very bust going through the 1940 census. I can't believe how fast it was indexed.

    Regards, Jim
    Hidden Genealogy Nuggets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really amazing, wasn't it, Jim! Thanks for your comment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete