Saturday, February 27, 2016

From Mom’s Diary… 1943 - July 1 - 4th Birthday


From Mom’s Diary… 1943 - July 1 - 4th Birthday


A few days earlier, Mom mentioned ordering Children’s Activities Magazine - I remember growing up with it… neat. Also, comments on ‘finishing Billy’s upstairs bedroom.’ Had my own room, at 4! For a year or so…


 Thursday, June 29:

… Billy & I went to Carroll. Bussy at Toots’ Simonizing care. Got Derrick, suit, shoes for Billy. …

Thursday, July 1:

Nice day. Did up work. Pete laying corn by. Ate, did dishes, cleaned up & Max bro’t Gary. He went in town with us. Got Billy’s hair cut, went to Cafe. Saw Gladys Lovell Goeppiage & baby Jean. Home at 6:00. Took boys pictures. Lucht’s came after Gary at 9:00. Had ice cream & angel food cake for supper. Boy’s blew out candles about a dozen times.


My comments:

Pretty exciting birthday… got my hair cut! … and blew out candles about a dozen times. Fun! ;-)


Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment