Friday, May 18, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Follow Friday - Week 20


52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Follow Friday - Week 20


If I understand what Amy Coffin is suggesting in her 2012 52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy, I believe I can follow these prompts and use them much as I have been posting of Fridays, the past years. Let's give it a try.


Week 20: Social Media:
 Which social media tool do you appreciate the most? Has it increased your circle of friends? How has it benefitted your family tree?
This challenge runs from Sunday, May 13, 2012 through Saturday, May 19, 2012.

Facebook has been a boon to me and to my family. We all use it in a widely extended family, essentially coast to coast. I have made many new 'cousin' connections, as well.

I have also been able to create a very broad collection of 'genealogy friends' through the combination of blogging and Facebook. As some of us discussed online the other day, I have lost track of which geneablogger friends I have actually met in person and which I only 'know' online. I've been to one genealogy conference in the last two years, where I did meet a good number, but, I feel very close to a much larger group! THANK YOU!  ;-)

I mentioned blogging in passing, above, but I guess blogs are part of social media as well. My several blogs are such an ingrown part of my being, I really don't think of them as social media… that is where they stand with me.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. There are no rules in regard to the series. Participate whenever you want, with whatever topics you want. I only insist that you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I do. Thanks for the reminder... and stopping by. I appreciate that - any all you do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete