Saturday, October 24, 2015

My first years… from Eileen's Diary - Highlights of April (2nd part), 1941


 
My first years…  
from Eileen's Diary
Highlights of April (2nd part), 1941
 
[A 1941 Plymouth 4 door sedan]


These are highlights from the diary of my mother, twenty-one year old Eileen KINNICK SMITH, 75 Years Ago. She kept a diary from 1932 as a freshman in high school until she left us, too early, in 1999.

[Rather than posting each mundane entry, I've chosen items of interest to me, as I knew my family (or didn't). Also, significant events Mom noted, as seen by me, looking back. Comments at the end.]


Month of April (2nd part) highlights:

Mon. Apr. 14 - Went in to Mom’s & washed. Really windy. Painted the upstairs floor & woodwork again. Clark Lee came to sell us folks old car. …
Tues. Apr. 15 - Painted upstairs floor before dinner. …
Wed. Apr. 16 - Up early. Real busy getting ready for Workers Conf. Lite Co. came in P.M. & set poles. … Had 15 adults & 7 kids. Served prune whip & white cake, nuts. Tired at nite. Eating soup when folks came. Took us for a ride in their new Plymouth 4 door. Home to bed early.
Fri. Apr. 18 - … Kathleen born at 6:30 a.m. [Leo & Ida Kinnick]
Tues. Apr. 22 - … Had lites when I got home so I did my ironing. Really seemed grand.
Mon. Apr. 28 - Nice day. Dandy wash day. First time I did the washing here. It surely seemed good. Billy still cranky. Cutting 3 more teeth. First sow had 8 little pigs.

 
My comments:

Finally got electricity on the 22nd!!

Paul Kinnick had new Plymouth 4 door - wow! Dealer sold Mom and Dad their old car!?!

Kathleen was born…

With these important items taken care of… think we’ll take a break from these weekly reports… Thanks for your interest!! ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment