Tuesday, July 29, 2014

52 Ancestors: #31 Peter and Rosanna (Kimmerling) Miller


52 Ancestors: #31 Peter and Rosanna (Kimmerling) Miller
 

This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

on her No Story Too Small blog.


The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.



 #31 Peter and Rosanna (Kimmerling) Miller

These are a set of my 3rd great-grandparents, #44 and #45 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their 4th child, 3rd son, was my 2nd great-grandfather, John Miller, see #26, in this series.


Most of what I know about these folks I can attribute to the research of a Preston cousin. I may or may not have all the most recent information properly recorded here. Use this data a clues, not definitive specifics.

Peter Miller (1779-1845) first married Rosanna Kimmerling (1781-1813). Both were born in Berks Co, Pennsylvania, where the following children were born. [Peter second married Mary Steward, and fathered five additional children.]

Peter and Rosanna had the following children:

1) Samuel K. Miller (1801-1886)
2) Rebecca Miller (1803-1887)
3) Henry Miller (1805-1868)
4) John Miller (1806-1888) - my 2nd great-grandfather
5) Sarah (Sara) Miller (1808-1859)
6) Mary M. Miller (1810-1891)
7) William Miller (1813-1814)

[Note: in some records, Kimmerling appears as Kemberling, in my experience]



What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment