Tuesday, July 8, 2014

52 Ancestors: #28 Elias and Ann Eliza (Duncan) Williams


52 Ancestors: #28 Elias and Ann Eliza (Duncan) Williams
 
 
 This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:
 
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

 on her No Story Too Small blog.
 
The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.


#28 Elias and Ann Eliza (Duncan) Williams



These are a set of my 2nd great-grandparents, #26 and #27 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their first daughter, second child, was my great-grandmother, Margaret Jeanette (Nettie) (Williams) Kinnick, see #6, in this series.

There is still considerable work to do on both of these lines, going back, though much has been done. Ann Eliza died young, at age 37, leaving several young ones. Elias re-married eight years after her death, but had no more children.


Elias Williams (b. Jan 1838, Gyffylliog, Denhigh, England; d. Dec 1920, Coon Rapids, Carroll Co, Iowa) married 20 Apr 1862, Mercer Co, Illionois
Ann Eliza Duncan (b.  Mar 1842, Illinois; d. 22 Sep 1879, Guthrie County, Iowa)

I only know much about the three older children… very little about the other three…

Their children were:

1) Lemuel Benson Williams (1866-1935) - I got to know his wife
2) Margaret Jeanette (Nettie) Williams (1869-1936) - my great-grandmother
3) Josephine Williams (1872-1961) - I did get to know her!
4) Robert B. Williams (1874-bef 1961) - was not around when I was
5) Rose Williams (1876-1900)
6) Bertha Williams (1879-1898)


What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment