Tuesday, July 22, 2014

52 Ancestors: #30 John and Lena Butler


52 Ancestors: #30 John and Lena Butler
 
 
 This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge: 
 
52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

on her No Story Too Small blog.


The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.



#30 John and Lena Butler




These are a set of my 3rd great-grandparents, #42 and #43 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their daughter was my 2nd great-grandfather, Asenath (Butler) Preston, see #25, in this series.


Most of what we know about them is included in the links added to the #25 stories, for Asenath.

His life is still mostly a mystery, as far as details.

Lena's is even mores. There were references to "sons of the Butlers" but none have ever been identified.



What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment