Friday, November 8, 2013

75 Years Ago This Week - My first appearances in Mom's Diary!


75 Years Ago This Week
My first appearances in Mom's Diary!


Boy Baby Rattle


75 Years Ago This Week began March 1, 1938 - my mother and father were preparing to get married later in the month. I'm continuing this meme, from time to time, as issues warrant.


On Thursday, November 3, 1938, Mom wrote:

Made pancakes for breakfast. It was raining. I threw up in morning. Did dishes & separator & went in to town. Pete got his hair cut & we ate dinner with the folks. Came home early & did up the chores, ate supper & went to bed.

On Tuesday, November 15, 1938, Mom wrote:

Really sick in morning and at Noon. Pete here to dinner. Felt OK after dinner. Washed hair, made cookies. Scalloped spuds for supper. Pete here early. Pete shaved while I did the dishes. Read & listened to the radio awhile and then went to bed early.

My comments:
I was born on July 1, 1939, about eight months hence... what do you think?


Families are Forever! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Does she know at this point she's pregnant??? or just think she is sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the 15th, no mention of anything but what you see in bold, above. There are no side notes, or anything, to provide any other clues. She spend quite a bit of time with her Mom, and other women, in between. It surely would have been discussed. ;-) But, maybe not, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete