Friday, October 18, 2013

75 Years Ago This Week - October 17, 1938




75 Years Ago This Week - October 17, 1938
 

75 Years Ago This Week began March 1, 1938 - my mother and father were preparing to get married later in the month. I'm continuing this meme, from time to time, as issues warrant.



Selected diary excerpts from Eileen's diary, from this week, 75 years ago:

This is a "Catch Up" article that appeared in the paper related to my earlier post - when the same photo was used.

It was in the Enterprise on October 17, 75 Years Ago column, dated September 30, 1938:

Mr. and Mrs. Leo Kinnick are the parents of an eight pound daughter, Karen Kay, born Monday morning at their home near Bradgate. Mrs. Kinnick is the former Ida Marie Bell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Bell. The baby’s paternal grandparents are Mr. and Mrs. Paul Kinnick. Mr. and Mrs. Kinnick moved to their present home near Bradgate the last of
January this year. This is their first child.

My comment:
The one little reminder/surprise here is that they were living in Bradgate, when Karen was born. I'm sure I knew that, but it certainly was not a fact I had in my mind, for my first cousin. Leo was working in a dairy there, as I recall. Bradgate was on the west edge of Humbolt County, three counties to the north and one county east of Coon Rapids.


Families are forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment