Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Book of Me, Written By You - Prompt 1: Who Are You?


The Book of Me, Written By You
Prompt 1: Who Are You? 

"The Book of Me, Written By You" is a GeneaBloggers project created by Julie Goucher of the Anglers Rest blog. The concept: a series of blogging and writing prompts that help family historians capture their own memories and write about themselves.

Ask yourself 20 times "Who are you?" Each time you should give yourself a different answer. May have more than 20.

Retired
Husband
Father
Grandfather
Uncle
Cousin
Reader
Writer
Blogger
Author
Creator
Family historian
Professor Emeritus
Earned PhD
Resident of community
Voter
Friend
Neighbor
Sports fan
Alumni
Photographer

My comments: I was careful not to look at details of others before I started writing them down. Wonder what I forgot? Have you tried it?

Families are Forever!

6 comments:

  1. Great list. It's funny how many words describe who we are and our relationship to others. Makes me think of all the different ways we can explore our ancestors lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea, Alex! It could help each of us! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this..may have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you do. Doesn't take a lot of time. And, it appears that it will be a useful exercise. Thanks for leaving a comment!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill, I have done this and seems mine has more points of interest. They of course vary from person to person. It was a gift I did for family about five years ago before we lost my Mom. Everyone got a copy of the people I did.
    One family member uses it ever so often for the school children to answer questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments, Susie. You seem to always be doing such interesting things! ;-)

    ReplyDelete