Thursday, June 14, 2012

Treasure Chest Thursday - Paul meets Santa


Treasure Chest Thursday - Paul meets Santa

This scan of an old 35 mm slide contains much more meaning than just my brother, Paul, at 3 1/2 years old meeting Santa, sitting on Dad's knee - as if that were not enough!


The setting is 'new wing' to our rural Star Methodist Church (the school building from across the road was brought over and set on a new foundation beside the church) - the new fellowship hall! What an improvement!

The real bonus is the family sitting behind - my in-laws and brother-in-law 'Judge Joel' - all decked out in white jacket and black bow tie. If you peek right behind my Dad's ear, you can also see my sister-in-law Janice Bolger, along with her parents, Glenn and Ruth [Nancy and I had just gotten married the August before this Christmas gathering]. One of my favorite all-time photos on slide.  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment