Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Face of Genealogy

The Face of Genealogy



 [This post is in response to the recent GeneaBloggers discussion of the same name]

This is my great-grandfather, James P. Preston, of whom my 'mentor' in family history and genealogy study, Aunt LVene, said: "We don't know much about grandpa Preston."

Of course, she 'meant' - "we don't want to talk about grandpa Preston" - because grandma Preston had 'poisoned' their minds about him. This made me immediately 'much more interested' in him, of course, as I have written many times, before - including finally getting this photo from a cousin, after extensive research, travel, writing, etc. It really got me going. He is 'my face of genealogy," I believe.

P.S. She did know a lot about him; just wasn't willing to share it!  ;-)


Families are Forever!  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Great photo and text about your Great-Grandpa Preston. He sounds interesting. It really makes me want to read more about him--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask, and ye shall receive:
    http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~earlyyrs/smith/preston/jppres.html

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete