Monday, June 20, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Week 25 - Neighbors

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History
Week 25 - Neighbors



Thanks to GeneaBloggers and Amy Coffin of the We Tree blog for these prompts.


Week 25. Neighbors. Who were your childhood neighbors? Have you kept in touch with any of them? Do you feel the concept of “neighbors” has changed since then?

In first and second grade, my 'outside world' revolved around my one-room school, a mile north of our farm house, and, our rural Star Methodist Church, four miles west of the school house; west central Iowa.

Here is a poor photo of our school group in front of our farm house. I don't know the occasion, but these young people were the population of our school, and all lived in the four square miles the school served. I think I (I'm in the ball cap, just left of center) was in first grade here...




This is probably a vacation bible school picture, Nancy and I (center, back row; Nancy in front of me, just to the right) were probably in second grade here... we've now been married almost 52 years, so, yes, we have kept in touch!  ;-) Just saw my cousin Dennis (next boy to the right, in the back row - not the tall one!), last weekend, for the first time in maybe ten years...





[Note: I have similar photos of my grandkids, in Austin, TX, with T-Ball group and vacation bible school, taken in the last month... guess 'neighbors' haven't changed that much!  ;-)]


Families are Forever!  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment