Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sunday Obituary - 50 Years Ago - Paul Kinnick


Sunday Obituary
50 Years Ago
Paul Kinnick

Dorothy and Paul Kinnick, seated
From left, Eileen (dau), Pete, Ida Marie, Leo (son), Colleen, Buzz (son)
 August 1964 - 50th Wedding Anniversary

This was my maternal grandfather, of course. Three years younger than I am, 50 years ago.
Can't believe I missed it last week, but thanks to cousin Deborah Wills for reminding me.

Coon Rapids Enterprise - Thursday, April 5, 2018 - Page 5:

50 Years Ago
April 4, 1968



Funeral services were held here
Wednesday morning at 10:30 o’clock
in the First Methodist Church for Paul
H. Kinnick, 75
, of Bayard, who died
April 1 at St. Anthony Hospital, Carroll.
Officiating at the services were
the Rev. Mark Sullivan, minister of
First Methodist Church, and the Rev.
Dale Bass, Methodist minister at Bayard.
Mrs. Paul Nelson was organist
and accompanied Wayne Textor,
John J. Schumacher, Oliver Textor and
Paul Nelson in quartet numbers. Casket
bearers were Lyle Kinnick, Paul
Nielsen, Donald Herron, Wilbur Herron,
Dennis Ford and Duane Herron.
Burial was in the Coon Rapids Cemetery
under the direction of the Mason
Funeral Home.

Personal note: I attended this funeral en route from my home in Schenectady, NY, where we had recently buried an infant daughter, to a three-month work assignment for General Electric in Phoenix, AZ, with two short weekends home during that time. By early June, I had decided to leave GE and return to Iowa with my family. It was a rather traumatic period of our lives.

Dr. Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment