Tuesday, August 5, 2014

52 Ancestors: #32 Walter W. and Susan (Schwyhart) Kinnick


52 Ancestors: #32 Walter W. and Susan (Schwyhart) Kinnick
 

This year, Amy Johnson Crow has issues a new 52 weeks blogging challenge:


52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks
 
 on her No Story Too Small blog.


The challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Not only should this get me blogging more, but also to take a deeper look at some of the people in my family tree.

My approach: I have made this a Tuesday Theme, and, use it to enhance my WikiTree ancestor profiles. That is, focus on a different ancestor on my WikiTree list of profiles, each week (include possibly adding new profiles), Great idea! Thanks to Randy Seaver's post for bringing this to my attention!
Note: Third shift (not change) to approach. Beginning with #25, I will be doing direct ancestor couples.
 

#32 Walter W. and Susan (Schwyhart) Kinnick

These are a set of my 3rd great-grandparents, #48 and #49 on my Ahnentafel Report, for my genealogy friends.

Their 5th child, 3rd son, was my 2nd great-grandfather, Walter Watson Kinnick, see #27, in this series.

Walter W. Kinnick married Susanna (Susan) Schwyhart in Belmont County, Ohio in 1834.

They had the following 10 children:

1) Mary E. Kinnick (1835-1869)
2) Sarah Ann Kinnick (1836-1914)
3) John S. Kinnick (1837-1851)
4) Joseph Kinnick (1839-1917)
5) Walter Watson Kinnick (1840-1919) - my 2nd great-grandfather
6) Catharine Kinnick (1842-1927)
7) William Kinnick (1844-1845)
8) Jacob Kinnick (1846-1923)
9) Margaret (Maggie) Kinnick (1851-1903)
10) Fanny Susan Kinnick (1851-1926)

For an early "compact" family history of this family, you enjoy visiting this web site:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kinnick/kbk5/wwkinn.html

I have written a lot about this family, over the past 20 years. Put any of the names in the Search Box, upper right, and take a peak, if interested.

See my recent historical fiction family saga stories that relates some of the family stories:
Weston Wagons West - Ep. J16 - The Kinnicks and the Westons chose to move further west as well.



What fun! ;-)

Families are Forever! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment