Friday, February 18, 2011

Follow Friday - 18 Feb 2011

Follow Friday - 18 Feb 2011

Have you seen "Welcome to Pine Point?"


My oldest daughter, Annette, and I have regular discussions about how to present materials we find of interest to our various audiences, whether family history (real or fictional), quirky stories, transmedia projects, or - one of her best - Flat Stanley adventures for children. We have talked about telling the story of a town we come across in our historical readings, perhaps where an ancestor lived.

I just heard about the 'Pine Point Project' - check it out, and see what you think? Does it remind you of any of your family history research? How do you think 'the Goggles' did on this project? I found it fascinating... especially when I see they started to make it a book, and instead it became something else!  ;-)

Thanks to Dan Curtis for bringing Pine Point to my attention.


Families are Forever!  ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful question, Bill.
    I enjoyed both the video and the interview with its creators. I borrowed both for a blog post on our Stories to Tell Books Blog "Interactive Narrative: New Tool in Storytelling" Thanks!
    Biff Barnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,

    Thanks for the comment. Hope it works well for you. We all work together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bill. I also enjoyed this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched it, too. Fabulous! A great combination of historical record and artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greta, Thanks for the comment... and stopping by! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, Kathleen. Hope to see some follow-up projects! ;-)

    ReplyDelete