Entering the second week of my second year of this genealogy related blog, I was thinking about the Daily Blogging Themes. I had noticed some new ones popping up, and thought I'd go take a look at the GeneaBlogger site, and see what Thomas had to say on this, lately. Under the About section - not to my surprise, Thomas stays on top of these things - I discovered "Participate in Daily Blogging Themes," which was recently updated - which I encourage all new bloggers to do.
Here is what it said:
One of the fastest ways to become part of the fold is to post about your ancestors via a variety of “prompts” to help feed you ideas on blogging topics. As of September 2010, we’re offering more than just one blogging theme per day – there are as many as five per day? Check the Genealogy Blogging Beat each day for the daily blogging themes which include:
• Sunday: Black Sheep Sunday, Church Record Sunday, Sentimental Sunday, Sunday Supper, Sunday’s Obituary.
• Monday: Amanuensis Monday, Madness Monday, Mappy Monday, Maritime Monday, Military Monday, Mobile Monday, Motivation Monday, Mystery Monday.
• Tuesday: Talented Tuesday, Tech Tuesday, Tombstone Tuesday, Tuesday’s Tip.
• Wednesday: Wedding Wednesday, Wednesday’s Child, Wisdom Wednesday, Wordless Wednesday.
• Thursday: Thrifty Thursday, Thriller Thursday, Treasure Chest Thursday.
• Friday: Family Recipe Friday, Follow Friday, Friend of Friends Friday, Funeral Card Friday.
• Saturday: Sorting Saturday, Sports Center Saturday, Surname Saturday.
So, there you have it. A whole set of themes - something for about everybody - yeh, sure - there will be more to come, I'm sure - but, this will give us some new life as we move into the new year! I see a half dozen that I would like to adopt, a couple I already have, including this one. How about you?
Families are Forever! ;-)